A beautiful bound and slip-cased limited edition of Alan Bennett's Keeping on Keeping On, numbered and signed by the author.
Alan Bennett's third collection of prose Keeping On Keeping On follows in the footsteps of the phenomenally successful Writing Home and Untold Stories, each published ten years apart. This latest collection contains Bennett's peerless diaries 2005 to 2015, reflecting on a decade that saw four premieres at the National Theatre (The Habit of Art, People, Hymn and Cocktail Sticks), a West End double-bill transfer, and the films of The History Boys and The Lady in the Van. There's a provocative sermon on private education given before the University at King's College Chapel, Cambridge, and 'Baffled at a Bookcase' offers a passionate defence of the public library. The book includes Denmark Hill, a darkly comic radio play set in suburban south London, as well as Bennett's reflections on a quarter of a century's collaboration with Nicholas Hytner. This is an engaging, humane, sharp, funny and unforgettable record of life according to the inimitable Alan Bennett.
Limited edition details:
- dimensions: royal, 234x156mm
- paper: Munken Premium Cream 80gsm
- bind:cased, sewn, round back, red and black head & tail bands (Winterbrand 059 red & black) and black ribbon (Winterbrand 999)
- endpapers: 140gsm Olin cream, printed 4/0
- case: 2500 micron board, quarter bound in Canson Ingres Vidalon 71 (blue) paper panels and Ratchfords Windsor Duart (red) cloth spine. Blocked on spine with gold foil
- slipcase: 2500 micron board, lined in plain paper, covered in Brillianta 4000 (black) cloth.
- finishing: wrapped in brown paper, labelled and hand numbered to match inside