We are delighted to announce that we’ll be opening our doors on Monday 6 July at 10 a.m.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you all back to the shop, but ask that you bear in mind the following:
- In order to maintain social distancing, we’ll only be allowing six customers in the shop at a time. This means you may have to queue to get in, but we’ll do our best to serve everyone as quickly as we can! If you know exactly what you’re looking for and don’t want to browse, you can phone us on 020 7269 9030 to place a pre-paid order for collection and avoid the queue.
- We’ll be operating a one-way system – please enter through the front door, and exit through the side door into Pied Bull Yard. If you’re collecting a pre-paid order, please come straight to the side door.
- We’ve installed screens around the shop to help protect staff and customers. We also ask that all customers wear face coverings when visiting the Bookshop.
- We have plenty of hand sanitiser around the shop – please use it when you come in and while you browse.
- Parts of the Bookshop – including the basement and toilet – will be closed to customers. If you can’t see the book or section you’re looking for, ask us and we’ll find it for you!
- We’ll only be accepting card payments for the time being.
If you can’t make it to the Bookshop at the moment, remember that we’re still taking orders via email or phone for mail order, wherever you are. Get in touch by phone on 020 7269 9030 or via email to email@example.com. You can also order a selection of our favourite books – new and old – online via the Book Box site: lrb.me/lockdownpicks
The Cake Shop will also be back, but open for takeaway only, from Monday 6 July. They’ll be serving Monday-Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.